For over 25 years, the teams at United Fire Protection have honed our skills to a fine point. Today, we serve thousands of businesses throughout Florida and the Southern United States. Businesses, building owners, public institutions, restauranteurs, and more depend on our company to keep their operations safe and secure.
With more than 262,000 residents, St. Petersburg is one of the largest communities in Florida. The area is home to the Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, Jabil, Raymond James, HSN, Johns Hopkins, and more. That’s on top of countless hotels, hospitals, healthcare facilities, restaurants, schools, and retail establishments. We are proud to serve some of the area’s top employers, and it is our pleasure to provide our services to keep our community safe.
We encourage you to reach out to learn more about our fire protection services in St. Petersburg. Call United Fire Protection at 407-218-8348 to learn more about the steps we take to ensure you have the protection you require.
Fire Extinguisher Services in St. Petersburg
Fire Extinguisher Inspection, Testing, Recharge & Replacement
When a small fire ignites in your building, a fire extinguisher in the hands of a trained employee is often enough to douse the blaze and protect your facility from extensive damage. Choose United Fire Protection for all your fire extinguisher needs in St. Petersburg, including:
- Fire extinguisher inspections and testing: The Florida Fire Prevention Code requires annual inspections performed by a state-licensed technician. Then, dry chemical extinguishers must be tested and recharged every six years and pass a hydro-test every 12 years.
- Fire extinguisher recharge: Whether as part of routine testing or to refill a canister that was used to put out a fire, trust United Fire Protection to recharge your fire extinguishers.
- Fire extinguisher training: We provide on-site training for your employees to give them the confidence and skills necessary to take appropriate action if a fire ignites at your facility.
- Fire extinguisher certification tags: When an extinguisher is inspected, recharged, or hydro-tested, it needs the appropriate tags to identify the services performed. We’ll take care of all certification tags to keep your business code compliant.
Fire Suppression System Services in St. Petersburg
If your St. Petersburg building has a high fire risk or mission-critical items that would be devastating to lose in a fire, take advantage of our fire suppression services. These include:
- Fire suppression installation: We install wet and dry chemical fire suppression systems for commercial kitchens, storage facilities, paint booths, and other applications.
- Fire suppression inspections and maintenance: Inspections performed by a state-licensed technician are necessary every six to 12 months to keep your building code compliant.
- Fire suppression repair and recharge: When your suppression system stops working or requires a recharge after a fire, call us for 24-hour emergency services.
Hydrostatic Testing in St. Petersburg
United Fire Protection is an authorized DOT hydrostatic cylinder retesting facility near St. Petersburg. We offer:
- Fire extinguisher hydro-testing: As mentioned above, dry chemical fire extinguishers require hydro-testing every 12 years. This involves subjecting a canister to high pressures to ensure it’s safe to remain in service.
- SCUBA cylinder hydro-testing: The DOT requires hydrostatic testing for SCUBA cylinders every five years to detect leaks and flaws that could endanger the diver’s life.
- High-pressure gas cylinder hydro-testing: Various high-pressure cylinders are required to undergo hydrostatic testing every five to 10 years, depending on the gases they store.
Exit & Emergency Lighting Services in St. Petersburg
OSHA and safety codes require illuminated exit signs at all building exits as well as lighting to guide the way. We help you stay up to code with these services:
- Emergency lighting installation: We can install all fixtures, signage, bulbs, and backup batteries to get your emergency lighting system up and running.
- Emergency lighting inspections: Annual 90-minute testing is required to prove your lights have functional backup batteries in case an emergency arises during a power outage.
United Fire Protection Will Protect Your St. Petersburg Business
Since 1994, the professionals at United Fire Protection have grown our family-owned business and expanded our services to meet the needs of St. Petersburg’s growing community. Our fire system engineers, designers, installers, and maintenance professionals are experts at our craft. Our skills and expertise allow us to provide comprehensive fire protection for clients throughout Florida. We are proudly affiliated with the Florida Fire Equipment Dealers Association, the National Federation of Independent Business, and the National Fire Protection Association.
Our hard work has paid off. Not only have our clients provided countless references to their peers within the business community, but we can say with certainty that our systems have saved lives, protected property, and ensured that the region’s business community has the protection they need to keep their facilities safe and secure. Of course, we can’t guarantee you will never have an emergency, but we will ensure that if one arises, you will have the protection you need to safely evacuate personnel and protect your facility until first responders arrive.
We invite you to contact United Fire Protection to learn more about the systems we recommend for your industry. We are happy to answer your questions and help you determine the best protection for your business.