Preparing your building for a fire emergency is a vital part of your life safety plan and code compliance goals. When you want to protect sensitive electronics, artifacts, and other valuables from a fire, ordinary sprinklers might not be right for you. In this case, you need a fire suppression system to protect your building and the people and property inside.
Has it been longer than a year since your last fire safety inspection? Call United Fire Protection at 407-218-8348 to schedule an inspection for fire suppression in Orlando or Central Florida.
When to Schedule Fire Suppression Inspections
After installing a fire suppression system, the next most important step is to have your equipment inspected semi-annually by a Florida state licensed technician. Fire suppression cylinders also require six- or 12-year maintenance, depending on the type of system you have installed. The equipment may be “out of sight, out of mind,” but routine inspections ensure your fire suppression system is ready to perform at a moment’s notice if a blaze breaks out.
Don’t allow unnoticed equipment malfunctions to leave your building vulnerable to fire—contact United Fire Protection today at 407-218-8348 to schedule a fire suppression inspection in the Orlando metro area.
Reasons to Schedule Fire Suppression Inspections
As a busy building manager, you have many things on your mind, but there are several reasons to place fire suppression inspections at the top of your priority list, including:
- Code compliance: The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has established federal regulations for fire protection equipment. There are also Florida state fire codes you must adhere to. Hiring a licensed technician to inspect your system ensures compliance, helping you avoid fines and penalties.
- Life safety: If a fire emergency strikes, you don’t have time to worry whether your equipment will function or not. With semi-annual inspections, you can rest assured that it will, ensuring everyone evacuates the building safely.
- Reduced property damage: If a blaze breaks out and your suppression equipment activates, you can count on far less property damage than if the system malfunctions due to neglect.
- Faster recovery time following a fire: The earlier you reopen for business after the disaster, the sooner you can return to normal. A well-maintained, operational fire suppression system ensures the fastest recovery time possible.
Fire Suppression Inspection Services
When you choose United Fire Protection to inspect your suppression system, here’s what you can expect from our trained and certified technicians:
- Replace fusible links.
- Test and clean the system’s smoke detectors.
- Confirm adequate cylinder pressures and weights.
- Verify shutdown and evacuation circuits.
- Test the releasing circuits during a simulated discharge.
- Visually inspect all pipes and nozzles.
- Verify hydro-test dates for cylinders and hoses.
- Check that the system is equipped to handle the fire suppression needs of the building and materials stored inside.
- Perform other tests as required by your specific system.
The purpose of performing these steps is to pinpoint and correct malfunctions. Many repairs may be performed on the spot, but sometimes, a follow-up visit with the proper tools and replacement parts may be necessary.
Schedule a Fire Suppression Inspection in Orlando
If you own a business in Central Florida, and it’s time for your next fire suppression inspection, choose United Fire Protection for the job. We service numerous types of suppression equipment, including UL 300 wet chemical systems and industrial dry chemical systems. Let us put our nearly 25 years of experience to use for you by performing the fire suppression inspections you need to keep your building safe and code-compliant.
If it’s been more than six months since your last fire suppression inspection, call United Fire Protection at 407-218-8348 or contact us online to set your next appointment.