When a small blaze breaks out at your facility, a quick response from a properly trained employee can make the difference between minor building damage and heartbreaking loss. To adequately protect your building, first you need the right fire extinguishers on hand. Then, your employees must feel confident about how to use one if they see a small fire start nearby.
At United Fire Protection, we provide fire extinguisher training at your business location to give your employees the confidence and skills they need to take appropriate action if a fire ever occurs at your facility.
Are you looking for fire extinguisher training in the Orlando metro area? If so, please call United Fire Protection at 407-218-8348 to schedule a visit from one of our licensed technicians.
Benefits of Fire Extinguisher Training for Your Employees
While it’s impossible to predict when a fire might break out in your building, you can prepare for this scenario by arranging fire extinguisher training for your employees. When you do, you can expect to enjoy these benefits:
- Save lives and reduce property loss: The ultimate goal of fire extinguisher training is to protect your building and the people inside by making sure your employees know how to use portable extinguishing equipment to fight a fire.
- Increased employee confidence: Emergency situations strike out of nowhere, so it’s essential for your team members to maintain a level head. Their training may allow them to douse the blaze before it becomes a real threat.
- Safe, effective fire extinguishing equipment: Using the incorrect type of extinguisher could make the fire worse. Training ensures your employees understand which symbols correspond to which types of fire. Plus, a portable fire extinguisher is more effective in the hands of someone who knows what they’re doing.
- Lower chance of injury: A trained person using a fire extinguisher is less likely to hurt themselves than someone with no training at all.
- Reduced insurance premiums: Showing proof of fire extinguisher training to your insurance company may qualify you for lower premiums.
What Fire Extinguisher Training Entails
Since you never know where a fire might strike or which employees could be present when it happens, it’s important to provide fire extinguisher training for every team member. We suggest arranging training for new employees as soon as they join your team. Then, schedule a refresher course for your whole crew once a year.
For the training to be effective, you shouldn’t merely sit everyone down in front of a DVD presentation of how to use a fire extinguisher. It’s easy to become bored and inattentive in this situation.
This is why United Fire Protection sends a licensed technician to your facility for hands-on fire extinguisher training. During the visit, we’ll go over your building’s evacuation routes and discharge an extinguisher as part of the training. We’ll show your employees how to PASS—Pull the pin, Aim the nozzle at the base of the flames, Squeeze the trigger fully, and Sweep the nozzle from side to side. By the end of our visit, your employees will feel capable of putting out a real fire.
Schedule Fire Extinguisher Training at Your Central Florida Business
By coming to your location, we reduce the downtime required to train your employees. Our effective techniques and over 20 years of experience ensure you enjoy all the benefits of arranging fire extinguisher training for your team.
To schedule a visit from one of our licensed fire extinguisher technicians, please call United Fire Protection at 407-218-8348 or contact us online. We provide on-site fire extinguisher training for businesses in the Orlando metro area.
Our Service Area: Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Casselberry, DeBary, DeLand, Deltona, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Lakeland, Longwood, Maitland, Orange City, Orlando, Oviedo, Sanford, St. Cloud, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Winter Park, Winter Springs, and the surrounding areas