You may be performing routine fire drills, sending printed evacuation plans to your employees and colleagues, and educating your peers on the importance of fire safety—but if you haven’t installed proper emergency and exit lighting, you could be missing out on one of the most important steps in managing workplace safety!
Whether you manage a data center, restaurant, auto body shop, aircraft hangar, cruise ship, or really any commercial business where people are moving in and out, investing in emergency lighting installation services is required by the United States government to ensure that paths of egress are properly marked in case of an emergency.
Are you up to code with emergency and exit lighting in Central Florida? Contact United Fire Protection for fire safety and evacuation planning services in the Orlando, Tampa, and Central Florida area!
Emergency Lighting Installation & Inspection in Central Florida
In an emergency, evacuating from a building can be nearly impossible without light. That is why emergency lighting inspections are an excellent means to help spot and identify potential problem areas within your emergency lighting areas and address them quickly.
Are you not sure if your building is up to code with current emergency lighting policies? An inspection can also be useful to assess areas within a building that will benefit from exit and emergency lighting installation services.
Does your business practice the following safety measures to ensure your emergency lighting is reliable?
- Choose clear, easy to understand exit signage – is your emergency exit signage easy to see and understand by everyone who visits your place of business?
- Place emergency lighting in appropriate areas – In an emergency lighting installation, you will be advised of the ideal locations for new exit and emergency lights to be placed.
- Keep exit and emergency lighting clear of obstructions – According to the international fire code for buildings, decorations or furnishings that obstruct seeing exit signage should be removed, as it may create confusion during an evacuation.
- Invest in illuminated pathways – Popular in airports, malls, and movie theaters. Illuminated pathways draw a line of light to safety and exit zones and are easily understood.
- Request routine fire safety and emergency lighting inspections – No matter how much you practice fire safety and evacuation planning, nothing compares to the chaos of an emergency playing out in real time. To ensure greater protection in an emergency, choose to conduct routine inspections by qualified electrical technicians.
Everything from how many emergency lights you currently have in your building to how long ago you last had emergency lighting installation services will factor into whether or not your business will need an upgrade.
For emergency lighting installation and inspection services throughout the Orlando, Tampa, or Central Florida area, contact United Fire Protection today!
Emergency Exit Signage
According to OSHA and Safety Code, you are required to have illuminated emergency exit signs and lighting to guide the way to safety in case of an emergency, such as a fire or power outage. That is why your emergency signage should be connected to an electrical source that works ongoingly, regardless if you should encounter a power outage or damage to the electrical system.
To ensure that the risks of a malfunction are low and that you are protected year-round, call United Fire Protection for 24/7 fire protection and safety services. Our number is (407) 218-8348.
Batteries & Bulbs
If you are worried that your emergency lighting installation happened too long ago or you are unsure if your emergency system’s bulbs and batteries are reliable, contact United Fire Protection today. We specialize in emergency systems and can provide you with reliable batteries and bulbs that are long-lasting and reliable in the case if an emergency. Don’t wait for a bulb to go out to call us!
To schedule emergency lighting installation or inspection services in the Orlando, Tampa, or Central Florida area, contact United Fire Protection today!
Request Emergency Fire Protection Services in Central Florida
United Fire Protection is determined to help commercial areas safe and worry-free with premier fire protection services in Central Florida. Our safety-oriented attention to detail has been seen in projects ranging from your favorite restaurants, to corporate offices, and adventure parks.
When it comes to scheduling your next emergency lighting inspection, call us at (407) 218-8348!
Our Service Area: Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Casselberry, DeBary, DeLand, Deltona, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Lakeland, Longwood, Maitland, Orange City, Orlando, Oviedo, Sanford, St. Cloud, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Winter Park, Winter Springs, and the surrounding areas.