While people often use them interchangeably, there are major differences between fire protection and fire prevention. However, both fire protection and prevention are vital to safeguarding your Florida business and avoiding potential fire damage. Fire protection is essential to the safety of occupants and an integral part of keeping your business up and running in case of a fire. Fire prevention helps keep fires from happening in the first place.
What Is Fire Protection?
Commercial fire protection systems protect a building’s occupants and minimize fire-associated damage. The goal is to provide ample time for a safe evacuation while also reducing the extent of damage and its associated repair costs.
A qualified life safety provider can install the fire protection system your Florida business needs to ensure it’s positioned to fight a blaze should a fire break out. United Fire Protection offers first-rate commercial fire protection services, including:
- Fire extinguisher installation, recharge, inspection, and repair services
- Fire suppression systems that meet all Florida Fire Prevention Code requirements
- Emergency lighting and exit signage installations and inspections
- Hydrostatic testing for all DOT pre-approved high-pressure cylinders
- 24/7 emergency fire protection services
One aspect that sets United Fire Protection apart is that we also offer electrical services for fire suppression, emergency lighting, new construction services, and more. Our in-house electricians have the training and experience to ensure all your fire protection systems are installed correctly and working as they should.
What Is Fire Prevention?
A fire prevention system keeps a commercial building’s “fire load” as low as possible. That simply means identifying fire hazards and taking steps to reduce the likelihood of a serious blaze.
Regular fire inspections are one way to ensure your building stays protected from fires. A proactive approach to fire prevention typically includes services such as:
- Regular risk assessments to identify any vulnerable areas.
- Managing deficient building sources that emit heat or are flammable, combustible, or make a structure more susceptible to fire.
- Confirming your building’s fire protection program and equipment adheres to fire regulations and NFPA standards.
- Regular periodic fire drills and fire prevention training, so owners and occupants are up to date regarding the operation of fire protection systems.
- Look for signs of minor issues that could turn into bigger fire hazards.
Why Your Florida Business Needs Fire Protection and Fire Prevention Services
The top priority of any fire protection and fire prevention plan is to protect lives, which requires installing and maintaining your building’s fire safety regimen to reduce disruption and keep employees, visitors, and other occupants safe from harm.
No business should underestimate the financial toll and devastation, including loss of life, a fire can cause. To be fully prepared for a fire, you must implement both fire prevention and fire protection practices and tools. Being prepared in this way ensures successful and safe outcomes in the event of a fire.
Fire Protection & Fire Prevention Go Hand in Hand
The benefits of working with an experienced commercial fire protection and prevention company are numerous and include creating a safe environment with fire suppression and detection systems. Since 1994, United Fire Protection has delivered comprehensive commercial fire protection and prevention services to major companies throughout Central Florida.
To learn more about what we do or to schedule an appointment or consultation, contact us online today or call us at (407) 218-8348.